Recipe by Alley Barbie
From the kitchen of: Mary R. -- Family Consumer Sciences
Top Review by TinTN
Fantastic, full of flavor, quick and easy to prepare. Even the child that normally doesn't like potato soup loved this. Followed the recipe exactly except I peeled the potatoes. Baking the potatoes the day before made this a quick, easy weeknight meal. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 158.51 ml flour
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4 large baked potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes- leave skins on
- 1419.54 ml milk
- 295.73 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 12 slice bacon, friend and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 158.51 ml butter or 158.51 ml margarine, melted
- 14.79 ml chicken base
- 236.59 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or margarine on low to medium heat.
- Gradually add flour while stirring.
- Gradually add milk, continue stirring.
- Cook until white sauce comes to a boil and thickens, continue stirring.
- Add salt, pepper, and chicken base.
- Add chopped potatoes, chopped onions, crumbled bacon, and grated cheese.
- Cook until cheese melts.
- Add sour cream and continue to cook until heated throughout.