From the kitchen of: Mary R. -- Family Consumer Sciences
Make and share this Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large baked potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes- leave skins on
- 6 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, friend and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 cup sour cream
- Melt butter or margarine on low to medium heat.
- Gradually add flour while stirring.
- Gradually add milk, continue stirring.
- Cook until white sauce comes to a boil and thickens, continue stirring.
- Add salt, pepper, and chicken base.
- Add chopped potatoes, chopped onions, crumbled bacon, and grated cheese.
- Cook until cheese melts.
- Add sour cream and continue to cook until heated throughout.