From the kitchen of: Mary R. -- Family Consumer Sciences
Make and share this Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large baked potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes- leave skins on
- 6 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, friend and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 cup sour cream
- Melt butter or margarine on low to medium heat.
- Gradually add flour while stirring.
- Gradually add milk, continue stirring.
- Cook until white sauce comes to a boil and thickens, continue stirring.
- Add salt, pepper, and chicken base.
- Add chopped potatoes, chopped onions, crumbled bacon, and grated cheese.
- Cook until cheese melts.
- Add sour cream and continue to cook until heated throughout.
Fantastic, full of flavor, quick and easy to prepare. Even the child that normally doesn't like potato soup loved this. Followed the recipe exactly except I peeled the potatoes. Baking the potatoes the day before made this a quick, easy weeknight meal. Thanks for the great recipe!
Delish! I made this as directed except that I halved the recipe for just 2 of us, and used a Mexican blend cheese. Simple, rich, and wonderful. Thanks Alley for yet another great recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2009.