Recipe by toosharps
This is a wonderful hearty soup. My husband begs me to make it for him all the time.
- 158.51 ml margarine
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 1656.13 ml milk
- 4 potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 slice crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 295.73 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour. Heat and stir until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.