Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I use reduced fat products to make this soup a little "lighter."
- 4 baking potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup scallion, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- Wash potatoes really well and dry with a paper towel. Wrap each potato in foil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes in a 400 deg oven for about an hour or until done.
- Allow potatoes to cool then peel and mash them, leaving some lumps.
- Mix together milk and flour in a large pan and whisk until combined.
- Cook over low to med heat until it begins to thicken.
- Add mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese,salt and pepper to your taste, and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream and 3/4 cup scallions.
- Top each bowl of soup with remaining cheese, scallions and bacon.