Cook1 hr 12 mins
I make this a lot as an appetizer and serve it with sour cream. It is different than most potato skins, but very good.
- Scrub potatoes throughly, prick several times with a fork.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour, or until done.
- Allow to cool to touch.
- Cut potatoes in half lenthwise.
- Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/4 inch thick shells.
- Cut each shell lenthwise into 1 inch wide strips.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops of strips with butter.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes, or until crisp.
- Serve warm with sour cream.