Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not nearly authentic, but good. A one dish meal with a mid-western spin from Eating Out Loud.
Make and share this Baked Pork Chop Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chives, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sriracha asian garlic sauce or 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add olive oil and turn skillet to coat.
- Place pork chops in skillet to brown for 1-2 minutes on each side. Season with salt as you flip the pork chops. Remove pork chops onto a plate and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the onion and saute until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add chives, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, brown sugar, tomatoes (with juice), hot sauce and water. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Remove skillet from heat. Fold in the macaroni and top with the reserved pork chops.
- Place skillet into a 350F oven and bake for 50 minutes or until pasta and pork are done. During the final 10 minutes, check to see if any additional water is needed. If so, drizzle 1/4 cup over the top and continue baking until done.