Recipe by yooper
A different kind of stuffed pepper. This one's perfect for low carb followers. The recipe says to use yellow peppers, but I don't see why you couldn't substitute red or green or orange!
Top Review by Mirj
These were so totally amazing! I used a full-fat ricotta and was a little generous with the drizzling of the olive oil. I used orange and red peppers. I had two halves for supper that night, and another two for breakfast the next morning. The final two halves are now sitting in my fridge at work just waiting to be devoured at lunch. For those of us on a low carb diet (or Somersizing), this is a perfect meal with a side salad. Yoop, you rock, but you know that already!
- 3 large yellow bell peppers
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- basil leaves (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Singe the peppers quickly over a gas flame, grill or under the broiler.
- The peppers should char all over, but do not cook them so long that they turn limp.
- Remove them from heat and cool them in a plastic bag, then slide off the charred skins.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove the stems, ribs and seeds.
- Drizz;le the halves with olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, basil, green onions, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Fill the pepper halves with the ricotta mixture and place them in a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with additional basil leaves for garnish, if desired.