Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This colourful Mediterranean starter of juicy roasted peppers strewn with basil and garlic couldn't be simpler to make.
- 6 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce basil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 chunks feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Place the peppers in a baking dish, cut side down. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Tuck the basil and garlic between the peppers. Scatter the feta on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Here's the changes I made to suit my pantry: used canola oil -- instead of olive oil, used a garlic salt and parsley mix --instead of fresh garlic, added extra feta ( I love cheese! ), and left off the basil --I was out. I cooked my single serving in my toaster oven for 30 minutes and it was perfect! This was a super yummy dinner that was easy to throw together. I only wish I had made another serving for myself!
Really yummy! I will definetely be making this for my family to try! I've never had a baked red pepper and actually like them now this way! This has also enabled me to start liking Feta cheese! Thanks. I think this recipe would be great with some parmesan. I added a picture of my single serving before baking it.