Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Based off Baked Ziti from Allrecipes.com
- 226.79 g penne pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 737.08 g jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 170.09 g provolone cheese, sliced
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 170.09 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add penne pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onions and garlic over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Cook ground beef in onions and garlic about 5 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Layer as follows: 1/2 of the penne, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining penne, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.