Baked Penne with Italian Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place sausage and onion in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain excess fat.
- Pour in wine, and cook for 1 minute, stirring, to deglaze the pan.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss with cooked pasta, and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Join The Conversation