Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is another of Nee's recipes that I found in her old recipe box. I think she got it some time during the Jimmy Carter administration as there was a reference to Rosalyn Carter on the card. It is very quick and easy and tastes even better with a dollop of chocolate Cool Whip and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- 1 cup Dark Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and pour into the unbaked crust.
- Bake in a 400°F oven 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350°F and continue baking 30 to 35 minutes more.
- The center should still be "wiggly" when removed from the oven, but it will set as the pie cools.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Garnish with chocolate Cool Whip and drizzle of chocolate syrup for a fancier presentation.