1 hr 20 mins
Have a taste for Italian but want something a little out of the ordinary? Artichoke hearts and mild Italian sausage give this dish some zing while pleasing even the most delicate palates. My guests always want seconds AND the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g mild Italian sausage (approx. 4-5 links)
- 453.59 g mostaccioli pasta (penne) or 453.59 g rigatoni pasta
- 453.59 g jar of prepared spaghetti sauce (see Cook's note)
- 411.06 g can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 473.18 ml cottage cheese
- 2 (340.19 g) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 473.18 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml parsley
- 14.79 ml seasoning salt (to taste)
- 9.85 ml ground black pepper (to taste)
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in skillet.
- 3Brown sausage links. (No need to remove casing.).
- 4While sausage is browning, cook pasta for 10 minutes or until al dente.
- 5Once browned, slice sausage links into 1/4" slices. Set aside.
- 6In large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1 cup Mozarella cheese, egg, salt, pepper and parsley. Mix well. Refrigerate but keep handy.
- 7Butter/grease 9"x13" baking dish.
- 8Spread 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- 9Add 1/2 can tomatoes on top of sauce and spread evenly.
- 10Drain and chop artichoke hearts. Set aside.
- 11Combine sausage, cheese mixture and chopped artichoke hearts in a large mixing bowl. Add cooked pasta. Note: Best if done while pasta is hot.).
- 12Fold mixture into baking dish and spread evenly over sauce/tomato mixture.
- 13Empty remaining tomatoes into dish and spread evenly over pasta mixture.
- 14Drizzle remaining spaghetti sauce over pasta mixture.
- 15Top with 1 cup Mozarella cheese.
- 16Cook uncovered for one hour or until heated through.
- 17Cook's Note: If you want a moister casserole, increase spaghetti sauce to 1 1/2 jars (spread one full jar on bottom of baking dish and drizzle 1/2 jar).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 931.9
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.0 mg
- Sodium 2290.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 53.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: