Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this when I didn't have any butter to make garlic panko chicken strips to go with #51884 True Lemon Chicken sauce. Panko is a chunky style of breadcrumb from Japan, giving a nice crunchy finish.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- seasoning, to taste
- 3 egg whites
- 3 -4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, herbs, spices.
- Dust,dredge or dunk pieces into flour.
- Lightly beat egg whites until slightly frothy.
- Sprinkle some panko on a large plate.
- Dip dusted chicken pieces one at a time into the egg white then into the panko.
- Dip the chicken piece into the egg white and the panko again.
- Place double dipped chicken strips on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 200C for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through, slice through a thick piece to check if still pink.
- For lemon chicken, use lemon sauce recipe from True Lemon Chicken and serve over rice, otherwise, serve with favourite dips.
this is a great base for dinner. I used bottled gyoza sauce on it because it was kind of plain.