- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen whole okra, partially thawed or 20 ounces fresh okra, when in season
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse okra pods in water to separate.
- Pat dry.
- Place okra in a single layer in a greased 9x9x1 3/4-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; dot with margarine.
- Arrange bacon pieces over okra.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove foil from pan and place under broiler until bacon is brown and crisp.
- Sprinkle cheese over okra and replace foil over pan.
- Bake 375 degrees for an additional 10 minutes.