Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces shredded 50% reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to the package; drain.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Whisk in flour gradually until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute.
- Gradually, whisk in the milk, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Cook,.
- while whisking frequently for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheddar cheese and pimentos; cook until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in pasta.
- In a baking dish with cooking spray (9-by-13 in.), spoon pasta mixture.
- In a bowl, add parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly!