1 hr 30 mins
La Petite Madeline's Note:
I decided to make this dish after my Mac and Cheese cheese mix expired. Kraft Mac and Cheese noodles (minus that nasty neon orange cheese) with real cheddar, mozarella, and ricotta cheese with a warm vegetable filling.
My Private Note
large d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 13 ounces kraft macaroni and cheese mix (with out neon cheese powder)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1/2 large broccoli floret, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded (mix of American, Mozarella or Cheddar cheese... like a Mexican shredded mix)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Boil 12 cups of water in large sauce pan. Once boiling add 2 boxes of Kraft Mac and Cheese noodles. Leave cooking for 7-9 minute.
- 3Meanwhile in frying pan or skillet, add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Cook on medium onions, garlic, broccoli, bell pepper, add salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Cook for 7 minute Add mushrooms for 2 minutes. Then turn off heat and set aside.
- 4After noodles done, strain and put back into sauce pan. Add heavy whipping cream, ricotta cheese, and shredded cheese and stir until appears melted and mixed fully.
- 5Spray a oven dish or pan with Pam or butter and add 1/2 of noodle mixture. Then add all of veggie mix, and finally add the rest of the noodles. Top off with a layer of more shredded cheese for appearance and cilantro if you wish (cilantro add after done cooking and cooling).
- 6Cover with foil and put into oven for 15 minute After 15 min, remove foil and cook for another 20-25 minute.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mac and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.6
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 944.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 27.4 g