1/2 Photos of Baked Italian Mashed Potato Casserole
These mashed potatoes are made extra yummy by adding garlic and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Recipe can be prepared and refrigerated until serving time. Just increase cooking time to be sure casserole is heated through.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes with garlic until tender and drain.
- 2Mash potatoes and garlic together and add 6 tablespoons of the butter and then add the milk.
- 3Mash until potatoes are smooth.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 6Stir to blend.
- 7Use 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to grease the bottom and sides of a casserole dish.
- 8Coat the bottom and sides with breadcrumbs.
- 9Spoon potato mixture into the dish and dot the top with the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- 10Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Italian Mashed Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.7
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 482.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 18.9 g