These mashed potatoes are made extra yummy by adding garlic and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Recipe can be prepared and refrigerated until serving time. Just increase cooking time to be sure casserole is heated through.
- Boil potatoes with garlic until tender and drain.
- Mash potatoes and garlic together and add 6 tablespoons of the butter and then add the milk.
- Mash until potatoes are smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Stir to blend.
- Use 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to grease the bottom and sides of a casserole dish.
- Coat the bottom and sides with breadcrumbs.
- Spoon potato mixture into the dish and dot the top with the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.