Recipe by josamky1063
Say good morning to someone special with this Italian-seasoned baked omelet. There's no stove-top fussing, and it features a fabulous fresh-fruit salsa. Ingredients
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
tropical fruit salsa
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, cut lengthwise in half, pitted and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Make Tropical Fruit Salsa; refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches, or spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle onion and cheese in pie plate. Place remaining ingredients in blender. Cover and blend on medium-high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake uncovered about 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa.
- TROPICAL FRUIT SALSA.
- Mix all ingredients in glass or plastic bowl.