Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe from Melissa d'Arabian. The cherry glaze is out of this world. I followed the recipe as printed. Usually I have alot of leftover ham after Easter Dinner but not this year!!
- 1 (7 -9 lb) ham, ready to eat. i used a bone in spiral cut
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (creamy)
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grd cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grd cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a roasting pan with foil for easy clean-up.
- Score top & sides of ham in a crisscross pattern. Put ham in pan, pour 1/2 c water or white wine into bottom of pan and bake, covered loosely with a tent of foil, 45-60 minutes.
- To make the glaze, combine the preserves, horseradish, brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin, cardimom, salt and lemon juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest.
- Remove ham from oven and brush with 1/4c of glaze. Bake uncovered for another 20 minutes or until thermometer hits 140 degrees internal. Remove ham from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Arrange sliced ham on platter and serve with reserved glaze.
Absolutely stunning. Spicy, sweet, savory, delicious. Nothing overbearing, well balanced. Very simple. I could eat ham everyday. Made for PAC Spring '12.