Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
The homemade barbecue sauce flavors this ham nicely and makes the meat juicier, adding a delightful flavor. Use canned or boned ready-to-eat ham. You could alternately use syrup drained from pears for the liquid in this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup sweet apple cider or 1⁄4 cup syrup drained from canned peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients. Marinate ham in this sauce before baking.
- Transfer meat to shallow baking pan or casserole. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 10 minutes per pound or until meat therometer reaches 130 degrees F.
- Baste occasionally.
- This is delicious served with a nice potato salad. Corn or asparagus makes a nice vegetable accompaniment.