Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Good comfort food and easy to make.
- 6 -8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the butter, flour& mustard in a saucepan.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thick.
- Add the ham, salt, pepper& celery.
- Then stir in the noodles.
- Pour into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with butter over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
My family really liked this. Was wondering how it would be if you added a little bit of cheese to it.
A good, tasty dinner to make. Since DH and I like that extra "tang", the next time I'll add a little more mustard. Thanx Merlot!
Very simple to make but also great tasting. The mustard sauce and ham flavors go well together. You are right about this being great comfort food. My family and I enjoyed eating your casserole and I will add this to my favorite, quick meal file. Thank-you Merlot.