Baked Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onion, Garlic and Figs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crumble the goat cheese into an oven safe dish and set aside.
- In a sauce pot combine the figs and sherry with enough water to barely cover the figs. Place the sauce pot over high heat and bring up to a bubble, cover and remove from the heat and let the figs plump while the onions are cooking.
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the plumped figs from the sauce pot, leaving behind any of the pluming liquid.
- Add the figs to the cooked onions, stir to combine and then spoon over the goat cheese.
- Place the dish into the top half of the oven for 20 minutes, until the edges begin to bubble.
- Remove and serve immediately with sliced baguettes.