Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Party Line with the Hearty Boys on Food Network. A warm appetiser
Make and share this Baked Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onion, Garlic and Figs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb goat cheese
- 7 dried figs, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh rosemary sprigs or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crumble the goat cheese into an oven safe dish and set aside.
- In a sauce pot combine the figs and sherry with enough water to barely cover the figs. Place the sauce pot over high heat and bring up to a bubble, cover and remove from the heat and let the figs plump while the onions are cooking.
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the plumped figs from the sauce pot, leaving behind any of the pluming liquid.
- Add the figs to the cooked onions, stir to combine and then spoon over the goat cheese.
- Place the dish into the top half of the oven for 20 minutes, until the edges begin to bubble.
- Remove and serve immediately with sliced baguettes.
Fabulous dish. Thanks.
I've made this several times. I increased the figs to about 18 for one pd. of goat cheese and use about 10 for 1/2 lb. Everyone loves it. I prepare it ahead of time and put it in the oven to serve. It also kept quite well using my warming tray. Bravo! Chefonthego
This was wonderful! Very much deserves more than 5 stars. Just reading the ingredients again makes my mouth water. This time it was just us but I will definitely be using this for parties with my friends.