Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pancakes aren't so healthy when you drench them in maple syrup, so I made this fruit mixture to eat with my pancakes when I feel like eating healthy. You'll love it. It also makes a delicious fruit salad.
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple (or 1 cup fresh)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons marionberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt-covered almonds
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 12 medium cooked pancakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease an 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
- Dice your apples and add to dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over apples.
- Pour 1/2 cup water over apples.
- Add the oranges.
- Drain juice from pineapple and add to dish.
- Add strawberries.
- In a bowl, mix marrionberry jam with 1 cup water.
- Drizzle jam over fruit.
- Put fruit in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add yogurt covered almonds.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes.
- Start cooking your pancakes while you wait for the fruit to heat up.
- When your pancakes are ready, spoon fruit mixture onto pancakes with 1 or 2 tbsp of yogurt enjoy!
- If you reduce the amount of water by 1/2 cup it also makes a delicious warm fruit salad.