1 hr 5 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This can be made the night before and baked for breakfast or brunch. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole English muffins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups half-and-half, whipping cream (Fat free half and half is good) or 1 2/3 cups milk (Fat free half and half is good)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
Peachy Keen Topping
- 1/4 cup peach preserves or 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon apple juice (almond or orange liqueur may be subsisted) or 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (almond or orange liqueur may be subsisted)
- 1 cup diced canned peaches or 1 cup fresh peach
- 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Spray 10-inch quiche dish or deep-dish pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Arrange cut up English muffins in a single layer in dish.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and cinnamon, Stir in vanilla and salt; mix well.
- 4Add half and half and melted butter, mixing well.
- 5Pour evenly over muffins, press down on muffins to moisten with liquid.
- 6Sprinkle nutmeg evenly over mixture.
- 7Cover and refrigerate overnight if desired, or bake immediately.
- 8Bake in a 350°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- 9Transfer to cooling rack at least 10 minutes before serving.
- 10Cut into wedges and serve warm with fruit topping or heated maple syrup.
- 11Topping: Combine peach preserves and juice, add diced peach and blueberries mixing well.
- 12Serve at room temperature or heat in a small saucepan over medium heat until warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked French Toast Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 140.8 mg
- Sodium 354.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 8.8 g