Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't made this recipe yet, but thought it looked pretty good! From Bon Appetit.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cognac or 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed tomatoes, with added puree
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 (8 ounce) orange roughy fillets
- 1⁄2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms; sauté until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Add Cognac; simmer until liquid reduces to glaze.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add tomatoes, cream and thyme; simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in another heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Add fish to skillet; sauté until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer fish to broiler-proof baking dish.
- Spoon sauce over.
- Sprinkle cheese over.
- Broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
Great flavour combination. The fish was light and flaky, colours were great and the cheese a perfect topping. Thanks for posting Bev.
Oh, YUUMMMM! I made this with Tilapia instead of the orange roughy and it was absolutely decadent! Did not take long do make either, even for a crowd.
AWESOME!!!! Everyone in the family loved this recipe. I followed the recipe but doubled the sauce to drizzle it over angel hair pasta.