Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe comes from the island of New Caledonia and is simple to prepare and tastes beautiful. Kate in Katoomba
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees C.
- Cut roots and tough green leaves from leeks.
- Cut leek into julienne strips, then soak in cold water for 10 minutes to release any trapped dirt or sand.
- Drain well.
- Place 1/4 cup olive oil into a saucepan and add the leeks.
- Stir over a high heat unitl the leeks have wilted slightly and are coated in oil.
- Lower the heat, season and cook slowly for 30 minutes or until caramelised.
- Meawhile, oil a baking dish large enough to hold the fish, arrange the fish, then season.
- Pour the coconut milk over the fish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Slice mango finely into strips and mix with the chopped coriander and basil.
- Add lime juice and mix well.
- Remove the fish from the oven and heap mango mixture on each fillet.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- To serve, place a small mound of caramelised leeks in the centre of the plate, then place each fish fillet on the top.
- Make sure each fillet has a good quantity of mango mixture on the top.
My husbands gives this a 4 and I give it a 2, so we compromised and gave it a 3.