Kate in Katoomba's Note:
This recipe comes from the island of New Caledonia and is simple to prepare and tastes beautiful. Kate in Katoomba
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 230 degrees C.
- 2Cut roots and tough green leaves from leeks.
- 3Cut leek into julienne strips, then soak in cold water for 10 minutes to release any trapped dirt or sand.
- 4Drain well.
- 5Place 1/4 cup olive oil into a saucepan and add the leeks.
- 6Stir over a high heat unitl the leeks have wilted slightly and are coated in oil.
- 7Lower the heat, season and cook slowly for 30 minutes or until caramelised.
- 8Meawhile, oil a baking dish large enough to hold the fish, arrange the fish, then season.
- 9Pour the coconut milk over the fish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 10Slice mango finely into strips and mix with the chopped coriander and basil.
- 11Add lime juice and mix well.
- 12Remove the fish from the oven and heap mango mixture on each fillet.
- 13Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- 14To serve, place a small mound of caramelised leeks in the centre of the plate, then place each fish fillet on the top.
- 15Make sure each fillet has a good quantity of mango mixture on the top.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fish With Herbs And Island Fruits
Serving Size: 1 (1071 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1190.1
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 536.0 mg
- Sodium 603.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 149.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: