Recipe by zeldaz51
From the Japanese Cooking class Cookbook. Fish with Asian flavors baked in foil packets.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flounder, sea bass, cod or 1 1⁄4 lbs other white fish fillets
- 5 teaspoons sake
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large carrot, pared
- 2 small green peppers
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium lemon, cut into thick slices (or wedges)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
- Cut fish into 4 equal pieces; place in a shallow glass bowl. Mix sake, soy sauce, ginger juice, and salt in a small bowl, then pour over the fish. Let stand 10 minutes; drain, reserving marinade.
- Cut carrot into 1/8 inch thick slices; if desired, cut slices into decorative shapes using knife or Japanese vegetable cutter. Cut peppers crosswise into 1/8 inch thick slices. Cut onion crosswise into 1/8 inch thick slices and separate slices into rings.
- Brush oil over center of 4 pieces (10 inches square) aluminum foil. Place 1 piece fish on the center of each square. Arrange sliced vegetables over the fish. Sprinkle with reserved marinade.
- Bring two opposite sides of foil together over center of food; fold together in 1/2 inch folds to seal. Fold up each end of the foil packet to securely seal in fish and vegetables.
- Place packets on a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, or until fish is done. Serve immediately with lemon slices.