1/2 Photos of Baked Fish and Fowl Spring Rolls
tara portee's Note:
This was created for RSC #13. O.k. so shrimp isn't t really fish, but it made the name of the recipe work! I think the flavor combination works so well; each ingredient adds a little something special. I used a large size wrapper, but you could certainly use the smaller type. I just liked being able to stuff in as much filling as possible. I used these as a main dish served with Chinese fried rice, but you could easily use as an appetizer.
My Private Note
large r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces cellophane noodles (bean-thread, soaked in boiling hot water to cover for 20 minutes, drained well and chopped)
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms (soaked in hot water to cover for 20 minutes, rinsed, squeezed dry, the stems discarded and the caps )
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (about 6 ozs each)
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced (about 3)
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 4 baby carrots, minced fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 15 spring roll wrappers (8 inch)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Put the cubed chicken into a food processor and pulse about 6 times (You can mince by hand if you don’t have a food processor).
- 3Put two tablespoons of oil in a non-stick skillet, add the chicken and cook for 5 mints, Add the shrimp and cook for another 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set to the side.
- 4Add another tablespoon oil to the pan and stir fry the scallions, mushrooms, carrots, for about 4 minutes. Add the bean sprouts, cilantro, garlic ginger and mint, cook for another minute.
- 5Remove mixture from the pan and pat the ingredients dry (the dryer the mixture the better).
- 6In a large bowl mix the noodles, chicken/shrimp mixture, vegetable mixture, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt and sugar .
- 7To assemble rolls, place a spring roll wrapper on a clean working surface. Spread 3 tablespoons of the filling into a sausage shape lengthwise along the spring roll wrapper nearer the end closest to you.
- 8Fold the left and right sides of wrapper over filling, then lift up the wide end nearest you and tuck overtop. Roll to the other end. Secure the roll by dipping your fingers in some water and wetting the end, "pasting" it shut.
- 9Arrange spring rolls in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with vegetable oil. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, until hot and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fish and Fowl Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (916 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 280.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.1 g