Recipe by Hey Jude
I haven't tried this dish, and other than fig newtons, am not really familiar with this fruit. I'm submitting this for my fig-loving friends! Recipe is from the Chicago Sun-Times.
- 18 fresh figs
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 3 tablespoons honey (or a bit more)
- fresh red raspberries (to garnish) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped with a little sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prick each fig with a fork in a few places and place them in a single layer standing on end in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour wine over.
- Bake, basting often with wine, until figs are puffed and tender, 25-30 minutes.
- To serve, arrange 3 figs in a serving dish.
- Spoon a little of the wine over and drizzle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon of honey, or more, to taste.
- Garnish with raspberries and pass the whipped cream.