Recipe by Sica
Traditionally strips of dough that are deep fried and rolled in cinnamon and Sugar. This recipe which I got from a Pillsbury/OldElPaso Mexican cookbook. It's a simple concept.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- In small bowl mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Unroll dough;seperate into 4 rectangles. Press each to 6x4" rectangles, pressing perforations to seal.
- Brush tops of 2 rectangles with melted butter; sprinkle with about half of the sugar mixture. Top each with remaining rectagle; press edges lightly brusht tops with melted butter.
- With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle stack lengthwise into 6 strips. Twist each strip 3 times place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Brush tops with any remaining melted butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.