Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is so great - you just bake the cranberry sauce along with the turkey. There are similar recipes here on Zaar for stovetop Cranberry/Orange Sauce but I love doing it in the oven while the big bird is roasting. Will keep for up to 2 weeks. This is a Chatelaine recipe
Top Review by Maple
Simple, but outstanding recipe! The sherry adds a nutty taste that complements the cranberries well. I used half sugar, half Splenda, with excellent results. I will never buy canned cran sauce again! When cold, this can be spread lightly over lite cream cheese on a multigrain bagel for a different breakfast treat. Thank you Bergy for a great recipe.
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (frozen can be used partially thawed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fresh cranberries in an 8" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar, orange zest& juice.
- Stir the berries with the juice and sugar.
- Bake uncovered in 325F for apprx an hour or until the berries pop.
- Remove from oven& stir in the sherry.
- Serve warm, room temp or chilled.