Recipe by Tearanii
This is a favorite recipe for breakfast or dessert.Its easy to prepare,and is delicious with fresh fruit. Also a tablespoon of orange zest whisked into the egg mixture adds a nice flavor twist.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Very good. I reduced number of servings to 5.3 for DH and I. We both enjoyed it. I also used cinnamon raisin bread. I will make this again! Thank you for posting!!! Made for Fall My 3 Chefs 08.
- 14 slices cinnamon-swirl bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 6 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange bread in a double layer in a lightly greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- (cut bread as needed to cover bottom of pan.) Whisk togather eggs,egg yolks and sugar.
- Gradually add milk, half and half and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar while warm and serve.