Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very nice meal. Serve with mashed potatoes and a favorite vegetable. You can use any chicken parts you prefer, we like dark meat so I use legs and thighs. You may also add other seasonings.
- 8 pieces chicken thighs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, use juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Mix soup, onion, mushrooms with juice, and garlic in a bowl.
- Spray skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Dip chicken in flour to coat.
- Add 1/2 cup water to skillet and heat till hot.
- Add coated chicken and brown.
- Add more water if necessary but.
- Add NO MORE than 1/2 cup of water at a time each time water disappears.
- Put chicken in a prepared 9 x 9 baking dish.
- (Different chicken pieces may use different size dish).
- Spread soup mixture over the top of chicken.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes or till chicken juices run clear and chicken is tender at the bone.
- DO NOT ADD WATER TO SOUP.
- You can use fresh mushrooms if you like.
- Consistency of gravy will change.