1/2 Photos of Baked Chicken in Parmesan and Roasted Garlic Sauce
Baked chicken in a flavorful sauce. Reduced fat. Fresh herbs. Easy to make. What’s not to like? After a short prep time you leave it in the oven until you’re ready so its easy to deal with an erratic family schedule or tardy guests. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken thighs (bone in, skin removed)
- olive oil (for browning)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup chicken stock (see note)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 4 roasted garlic, cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Squeeze roasted garlic from the papery peels and mash well.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet then brown chicken thighs thoroughly over medium-high heat. Work in batches removing each batch to a 13X9 pan in the oven as they finish.
- 4Reduce heat to medium. Deglaze pan with sherry.
- 5Add chicken stock (see note), thyme, and the roasted garlic. Simmer 2 minutes.
- 6Add milk. Add cream cheese in small blobs.
- 7Bring to simmer, whisking in the cream cheese until smooth.
- 8Add salt (if using), pepper, and parsley. Whisk in Parmesan until melted.
- 9Pour sauce over chicken pieces and return to oven for about 1/2 hour or until chicken thighs are thoroughly cooked.
- 10Remove chicken to a serving platter. Toss sauce with noodles.
- 11Serve with a green vegetable (I recommend broccoli or an Italian vegetable mix), or a salad.
- 12Note: If you don’t have homemade chicken stock please use a quality soup base (I like Tones), rather than bullion, which is apt to be too salty when combined with the Parmesan.
- 13Note: If you want a thicker sauce reduce the chicken stock to 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken in Parmesan and Roasted Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2016 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.1
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 168.7 mg
- Sodium 328.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 30.2 g