Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Boneless skinless chicken breasts baked in chicken broth with a cracker crumb covering.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces chicken broth (1 to 2 cans)
- 4 ounces saltine crackers (approx. 1 stack cracker)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced white onions
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Lay out the chicken breasts in a 6x9 baking pan and pour the broth over the chicken.
- Crush the crackers into crumbs and sprinkle over the chicken making sure to cover the entire dish.
- Next spread the diced onion over the chicken and slice the butter into about 8 small slabs and lay 2 slabs per piece of chicken (more can be used if desired).
- Add salt and pepper then bake at 350F for about 1 hour or until chicken is brown on top.
- Serve with mashed potatoes using the cracker/broth mixture as a gravy!
It was super delicious and even tasted festive! We used chicken thighs with skin and bone and cornflakes instead of crackers, and we had the rest of the ingredients for it and it came out amazing. My fiance and I are at the end of the month so we had to make do with what we had. I will definitely make it again.
My husband and I loved this dish, it is something that I could make over and over. Great job.