Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very flavorable dishe.
Make and share this Baked Chicken and Ziti recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/4 ",strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces Italian-style tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked ziti pasta
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with Pam; heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Spray the same skillet with more Pam.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring as needed, until the mixture is thickened slightly, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the ziti according to package directions.
- Drain and mix with the ricotta cheese.
- Pour half of the tomato mixture into a 13x9" baking pan, layer with the ziti mixture, the chicken and the remaining tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Bake until hot and bubbling and the cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.