Audrey M's Note:
This is a very flavorable dishe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/4 ",strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces Italian-style tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked ziti pasta
- 2/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Spray a large nonstick skillet with Pam; heat.
- 2Add the chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes.
- 3Transfer to a plate.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375.
- 5Spray the same skillet with more Pam.
- 6Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring as needed, until the mixture is thickened slightly, 8-10 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, cook the ziti according to package directions.
- 10Drain and mix with the ricotta cheese.
- 11Pour half of the tomato mixture into a 13x9" baking pan, layer with the ziti mixture, the chicken and the remaining tomato mixture.
- 12Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- 13Bake until hot and bubbling and the cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken and Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 621.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 50.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: