1/1 Photo of Baked Cheese Grits
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from Southern Living Magazine, January 2006. As you can see from the picture I posted with this recipe, I added some chopped green chilis to my grits. This is not in the original recipe and the grits are wonderful without them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking grits (uncooked)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Gradually whisk in grits; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Stir in Cheddar cheese, next 5 ingredients, and, if desired, Worcestershire sauce, stirring until cheese melts.
- 5Remove from heat, and stir in eggs.
- 6Pour grits into a lightly greased 2-quart or 11- x 8-inch baking dish.
- 7Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and set.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cheese Grits
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.6
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 907.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 19.9 g