Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from "Southern Living" magazine, January 2006. If you love grits...which I am sure if you were born and raised in the South...you do, these are excellent!
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in grits; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until grits are thick.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese, next 5 ingredients, and, if desired, Worcestershire sauce, stirring until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in eggs.
- Pour grits into lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degress for 40-45 minutes.
- *Stone ground grits maybe substititued. Increase liquid to 6 cups and increase cook time to 50 minutes.
This is a delicious and easy recipe to make. I followed the recipe exactly and it taste much more "expensive" than the ingredients that are listed. :yummy: