Recipe by mooskie
WE grew a small white Mohican eggplant this year. They are about 6 inches long. This is an easy, healthy, and very tasty way to prepare them. Panko is a form of breadcrumb. The bottom of the eggplant comes out crispy and dark brown the top is lightly toasted. Try it with standard eggplant let me know how it was.
Top Review by msme
This is a delightful way to make (and eat) eggplant. My husband said he liked this better than any other, and would happily eat only this recipe. I did use a standard, medium sized eggplant, and mixed the boxed parmesan with grated fresh peccorino romano, and it was so good we got another eggplant and made it again the next week. Thanks, Mooskie, for a real treat! MSME
- 2 eggplants, about 6-inch long
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated kraft parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggplant and cut into 3/4-inch thick slices.
- Mix the parmesan and panko on a plate.
- Mix the basil, milk, and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Dredge eggplant in the mayo mix and immediately dredge in cheese mix.
- Grease a baking sheet with spray cooking oil.
- Place the eggplant on the baking sheet and bake at 425°F for 25 minutes.