Pistachio Crusted Eggplant Cutlets
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium eggplants (1lb)
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Blend pistachios in blender or food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and garlic to blender or food processor (no need to rinse), and purée until smooth.
- Spray 1 side of each eggplant slice with cooking spray, and place sprayed-side down on baking sheet. Spread 2 Tbs. sun-dried tomato mixture on each eggplant slice, and sprinkle with 1 Tbs. ground pistachios. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until eggplant is tender and pistachio topping is browned and crispy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a recipe junkie and collect way too many cookbooks. But when it's time to actually make something, I quickly turn to the internet... I started avoiding meat more than 20 years ago for environmental reasons. (It takes so many resources and the pollution risks of confinement operations are huge.) I've been vegan for years now and can report that the health benefits are also real. I really don't understand why people insist on eating meat