Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Old-fashioned comfort food from a church cookbook. I made a few changes to make it my own.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pancake syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into rings
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Coat an 8x8 inch pan or other 2 quart oven-safe casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the first seven ingredients (beans through garlic), and put into the prepared pan.
- Arrange onion rings, pineapple rings, and green pepper rings on top of bean mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly around the edges.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with bacon and serve.
This was so good and so easy to prepare. I substituted the BBQ sauce for Worcestershire. I put chopped white onion in the beans vs on top. These were great.....thanks for posting. I will make this wonderful recipe again and again.