Top Review by Lavender Lynn
Nothing fancy, but a hit with our family! We love Bush's beans already and hadn't tried Applewood bacon, but basically this just combines two quality components into one nice, hearty dish. Works here!
- 1 lb applewood-smoked bacon
- 2 (28 ounce) cans brown sugar baked beans (Bush's Homestyle)
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onions or 1 medium onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- BAKED BACON:.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a half sheet with aluminum foil and put a cooling rack on top. Arrange slices in rows, with fat edges slightly overlapping lean edges.
- Bake 375 degrees without turning 20-25 minutes (depending on thickness) but remove from oven before it begins to crisp. If needed, cook more, 2 minutes at a time.
- Remove bacon to double layer of paper towel and blot excess grease.
- Lay bacon on cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces before completely cool. (I cut across the entire pile of bacon with one slice.).
- BAKED BEANS:.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Mix the Baked Beans ingredients in a 3-quart casserole dish or half buffet tray. Add the cut-up cooked bacon and mix a little.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool 1 hour before serving.