Perfect Baked Bacon
photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1 lb bacon
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Coat lightly with oil spray.
- Lay out bacon in a single layer. Put in a cold oven.
- Turn on to 400°F; Set timer for 17 minutes.
- When the 17 minutes is up, check every 1-2 minutes until done. It will look slightly undercooked in the oven. Take it out now & it will be perfect - crispy but not hard.
- 1. sprinkle with brown sugar before baking.
- 2. sprinkle with black pepper before baking.
- 3. lightly coat with jerk seasoning before baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I quite often cook my bacon in the oven but usually put into a hot oven but by putting in a cold one it didn't curl up I baked for 19 minutes and it was perfect to make a bacon sandwich with for me but if making for the DH I would need to cook a lot longer as he likes his really, really crispy. Also I lined my tray with baking paper so did not worry about the oil, thank you Elmotoo, made for Auussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #83 December 2013.
This really is PERFECT!!!! We've made this twice now, both times with equally fantastic results.<br/>DH is over the moon with happiness now that his bacon can be cooked just the way he likes it, and I am too, as I'm going to get bacon sandwiches cooked for me every weekend now!!!<br/>Winners all round.....big thanks Elmotoo.<br/>Made for AUS/NZ RECIPE SWAP #76.