Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes quite a bit. The yield is an estimate. It makes a good side dish for a barbeque! It's mainly based on a dish Daddy used to make on the stovetop when I was a kid. My version is a bit different though.
- Use a covered pot or Dutch oven that can go from stovetop to oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the bacon on the stove over a medium heat until just browned.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Now put the can of beans into the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cover pot.
- Heat until bubbly stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- If the beans are too thin bake uncovered another 15 minutes.