Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great dish for any occasion; either a cold, rainy day, or a picnic in the backyard!Most, if not all of the ingredients are easily found right in your own pantry. Recipe is from BHG Comfort Food circa 1992.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 4 slices bacon, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can navy beans or 1 (8 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (dark is best)
- 2 -4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- In a large skillet cook onion and bacon till the bacon is crisp and the onion is tender, but not brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in garbanzo beans or butter beans, navy beans or great northern beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce, brown sugar, honey, worchestershire sauce, and dry mustard.
- Pour the mixture into a 1& 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and stir.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 20 minutes more or until the desired consistency is reached.