Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
great for taking to pot luck or beach bbq, recipe from a friend, darcy krogue.
- 7 lbs canned pork and beans
- 2 medium onions, chopped and steam sauteed, no oil necessary
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, crumbled (i don't use) (optional)
- sautee the chopped onions in their own steam, or use 1 TB oil, combine cooked bacon bits, beans and onion and remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly. heat through and simmer in crock pot 4 hours (or bake at 325 degrees covered for 1 1/2-2 hours. you can also simply serve after heating, flavor will not be quite as good -- .