Baked Apricot Wild Rice Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350. Clean chicken, discarding giblets and neck. Tie legs together and place, breast-side up, in a Dutch oven.
- Spread honey over chicken. Sprinkle with onion, garlic, turmeric, and lemon juice. Cover and bake for 1 hour. Drain off all fat and liquid.
- Sprinkle contents of rice and seasoning packets from rice mix around and under chicken. Pour water over rice. Add apricots.
- Cover and bake 35-45 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Mix pecans into rice. Cut chicken into pieces and serve over rice.