Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Created for RSC #6. We love baked apples in our family, and are always on the lookout for interesting fillings.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Partially peel 8 apples, leaving the bottom half intact
- Remove the core (I use a melon baller)
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of the apple if necessary to make it stand upright
- Place the apples in a baking dish
- Peel the 9th apple, cut it into 1/2 inch dice
- Combine the apple dice with the applesauce, raisins, apricots, cashews, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Toss to combine
- Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
- Fill the apples with the stuffing
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of butter on top of each apple
- Sprinkle each apple with some of the cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Add white wine to the baking dish to the depth of 1/2 inch
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender, basting the apples occasionally with the pan juices
- Add water (or more wine) if neccesary
- Serve warm or at room temperature
These were really nice. An excellent dessert. I halved the recipe as there are only two of us and had no problems with that. I served them warm with pouring cream and my husband really enjoyed them.
I am having company for dinner on Sunday and wanted to serve a roast pork... What goes better with pork than apple sauce??? Why, Baked Apples with Apricots and Cashews, of course... So I cooked one apple to taste, and must say, IT IS PERFECT!!!! Absolutely delicious... Thank you!!!