1 hr 5 mins
A savory, cheesy-stuffed baked apple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 large leeks, white part only, well-rinsed and diced (4 to 5 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- finely ground sea salt
- 7 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large apples (about 8 oz. each)
- flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place 1 tablespoon butter and leeks in heavy pan; cook, shaking pan and stirring, until leeks begin to turn transparent.
- 3Add 1 tablespoon water, stir and cover pan.
- 4Continue cooking until leeks are tender, 10 minutes, adding more water if necessary to prevent leeks from sticking.
- 5When leeks are cooked, transfer them to bowl and blend inches Add goat cheese and cream.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Gently stuff each apple with an equal amount of the goat-cheese-and-leek mixture, pressing it into cavity and mounding on top.
- 8Core the apples and remove strip of peel from circumference of each apple (lemon juice will keeping them from oxidizing and discoloring); place apples in baking dish.
- 9Pour wine around apples, put bay leaf in wine and lightly salt interior of each apple.
- 10Top each apple with 1/4 of the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- 11Bake apples in center of oven until tender and cheese is dark golden on top, 35 to 45 minutes.
- 12Transfer to plates, garnish with parsley and serve immediately as appetizer or side dish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apples Stuffed With Goat Cheese and Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 273.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g