Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A savory, cheesy-stuffed baked apple!
Make and share this Baked Apples Stuffed With Goat Cheese and Leeks recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 large leeks, white part only, well-rinsed and diced (4 to 5 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- finely ground sea salt
- 7 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large apples (about 8 oz. each)
- flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter and leeks in heavy pan; cook, shaking pan and stirring, until leeks begin to turn transparent.
- Add 1 tablespoon water, stir and cover pan.
- Continue cooking until leeks are tender, 10 minutes, adding more water if necessary to prevent leeks from sticking.
- When leeks are cooked, transfer them to bowl and blend inches Add goat cheese and cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently stuff each apple with an equal amount of the goat-cheese-and-leek mixture, pressing it into cavity and mounding on top.
- Core the apples and remove strip of peel from circumference of each apple (lemon juice will keeping them from oxidizing and discoloring); place apples in baking dish.
- Pour wine around apples, put bay leaf in wine and lightly salt interior of each apple.
- Top each apple with 1/4 of the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Bake apples in center of oven until tender and cheese is dark golden on top, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Transfer to plates, garnish with parsley and serve immediately as appetizer or side dish.