Baked Apples in White Wine
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a saucepan, combine well the wine, juice, sugar, raisins, butter and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Arrange the apples, cored and top third peeled away, in a small baking dish, pour the warm wine mixture over them, filling the cavities of the apples with the raisins, and bake in the middle of the oven, basting with wine mixture, occasionally, for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish and spoon wine over.